You leave tracks every site you visit, every keystroke you make, every auto save and message attachment. This week Phillip Rodokanakis, Managing Director of US Data Forensics, LLC joins us to share some of his 30+ years of investigative experience. Find out what all digital forensics entails, the types of cases where this investigation is pertinent along with some pretty shocking data recovery facts that will have you thinking twice before visiting that site …you know the one. Phillip will also let you in on the type of data that can be recovered from iPads, smart phones and that encrypted hard drive no one can access …or can they?
We are also very excited to kick off this week’s Interop in New York City at the Javits Center with general manager Lenny Heymann. He will stop by at the beginning of the Week In Review to get you up to date about all the happenings at Interop this week from keynote speakers to session details and some of the top exhibitors.
- Interop Kick Off with Lenny Heyman (Audio)
- Verizon Ready iPhone from Wall Street Journal ( no link to WSJ, but here are related stories )
- Is the Verizon iPhone Really Happening in Early 2011? (gizmodo)
Forensics Related Articles
- New York-Reverse-Engineering Malware – Forensics 610 (blogs.sans.org)
- SANS Digital Forensics Blog Reader’s Survey (blogs.sans.org)
- Getting Started in Digital Forensics: Do You Have What It Takes? (blogs.sans.org)
- Digital Forensics Case Leads: Make it go away, the Stuxnet extended remix (blogs.sans.org)
- Computer Forensic Tools – An Overview (brighthub.com)
- Digital Forensics Case Leads: Stuxnet, Cyber Weapons and Incident Response (blogs.sans.org)
- Earning a degree in computer forensics offers the opportunity to serve and protect (techburgh.com)
- Logicube Now Shipping Total Forensic Solution (eon.businesswire.com)