Cal Evans has built a variety of projects ranging in size from simple web pages to multi-million dollar web applications. When not banging his head on his monitor, attempting a blood sacrifice to get a particular piece of code working, he enjoys building and managing development teams using his widely imitated but never patented management style of “management by wandering around”.
These days, when not working with PHP, Cal can be found working on a variety of projects, most of which require a higher security clearance than you have so they can’t be listed here.
This week Tom and Cal discuss the ins and outs of managing a development team. Headaches everyone experiences, telecommuting and find out more about Open Teams.
Stories from the Week In Review:
- Microsoft Office 2010 goes on sale worldwide – BBC News [JUMP]
- 22 Percent of Internet Time Is Social, Nielsen Says – NY Times [JUMP]
- Orders for the iPhone 4 Top 600,000, Apple Says – NY Times [JUMP]
- Nintendo, Sony Push 3D, Motion Technology at E3 Convention – EWeek [JUMP]
- New York City launches its own Media Lab – Google News [JUMP]
- Producer’s Note: Nashville’s Geek Social – [FIND OUT MORE]