When you are hiking for 2000 miles, you might think you would be the farthest thing away from technology, but Becky Cohen is here to explain otherwise. A Pacific Coast Trail veteran, she will discuss some different ways that technology can augment your normal pack.
Becky has been working in the social responsibility and renewable energy fields since graduating from the University of Vermont in 2010. Most recently, she was awarded a scholarship from the Flying Ryan Hawks Foundation to hike the Pacific Crest Trail with her partner, Luke Neumann. She hiked the 2,660 mile trail running from Mexico to Canada in just under 5 months and is a recent transplant to the Bay Area.
Week In Review
- New York prosecutor says State losing taxes to Airbnb hosts
- NYU’s Videogame Center Opens in Brooklyn
- Windows 8.1 gets global release
- Facebook Eases Privacy Rules for Teenagers
- Apple polishes fashion credentials with new hires like Burberry’s Angela Ahrendts